We grew up. (Okay, not really. We just moved.)

The day has come and passed. We graduated college. We left our student-sized jobs and moved on. We picked up our college home in that tiny, frozen, college town and moved to the beautiful state of Utah.

P.s. I drove all the way to Utah by myself!! Another fear conquered. 


I was certain I would be pining for Rexburg. It's the only US town I've lived in since I moved here almost 5 years ago, and so many beautiful memories were born in that town. Roommate adventures, dating my husband, frozen nose hairs, and studying in the library 'til you get so tired you laugh at everything. But now I have bigger fish to fry.

Graduating college is like someone pushing you off a cliff... and you're still not sure you have wings. I'm learning that that is kind of the fun part - finding your wings. I'm so excited to find my next step. I don't think I've found it yet but despite that, I feel at peace in knowing that the world is my oyster. I can follow whatever path I want and I feel so lucky to be able to say that! So here's to the unknown! 

Here are some pictures to show you what we have been up to... Enjoy :)


It's so incredible to be surrounded by these glorious mountains. Such a magnificent reminder of how beautiful the Earth and all God's creations are. The snow on top of them these days is a nice touch ;)


We love being able to visit this temple regularly! Beautiful inside and out. To learn more about LDS temples, visit mormon.org. :)


Samuel is in heaven having a local football (soccer) team to support. He has been able to watch a live game and can't wait to be a regular attendee next season. Viva RSL! 

 

We are lucky to have good friends living close by! Samuel and Dallas set a goal to climb Mount Timpanogos this summer  so to begin training, we climbed the Y. By the way, not my cup of tea. The Y is tough. There is no give. So if you want a short, hard hike, the Y takes the cake.  


Then... we actually did climb Mount Timpanogos! I didn't think I'd be able to do it. When I started I was certain I wouldn't make it to the top. But I did! I can do anything! It was a beautiful experience. Samuel loved it, of course. :) His brother, Elias, came along for the ride. There were moments where Elias was pulling me and Samuel was pushing me up the mountain! They were awesome mountain-climbing buddies :)


James and his three adorable children came to town right at the end of their summer break. We packed in a lot of fun activities and enjoyed every minute! We love watching these children grow and discover - everything is an adventure!  Oh, the many lessons we can learn from them. :) Being Aunt and Uncle is our favorite!  


Stay tuned :)

Love,

The Wise's. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment