Graduation and Mum & Dad GB

I graduated!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's DONEEEEE!!!
WOOHOOOOOO!!!

I officially have a Bachelor's degree in Health Science, emphasis in Public Health. It has been a whirlwind. Studying at Brigham Young Unviersity Idaho has been a true blessing and has brought so many wonderful opportunities. I got to work at the Student Health Center and gain awesome work experience (and meet AWESOME people), I got to teach Health to middle-schoolers, I had an incredible internship, gained so many wonderful friends, and OF COURSE met my amazing hubby. BYU-Idaho, you have been good to me. Oh how I love thee and shall keep thee in my heart forever.

The best part of it all - my parents flew in! We had so many adventures. We spent the first few days being tourists in downtown Salt Lake City and enjoyed General Conference weekend (mormon.org). My parents were able to actually watch it live, which is a dream come true for them!  Then, we road tripped back up to Idaho for my graduation. This was the very first time my parents had seen Rexburg, Idaho - the place I left home for back in 2009! I think they enjoyed seeing where I had been this whole time. :)


One of my favorite days was taking them to Jackson, WY. My dad LOVES all the old Western movies. John Wayne's biggest fan. So naturally, he loved Jackson. He loved trying on the cowboy hats, talking in a fake southern drawl, and topped it all off with a big juicy steak. My mum loved all the (taxidermied... is that a word?) bears and had the time of her life spotted wild buffalo on our drive. It was all very American. ;)



I wish those two weeks never had to end! But, alas, all good things must come to an end.

Thank you, Mum & Dad, for celebrating with me. More importantly, thank you for preparing me for accomplishments like this. Thank you for always encouraging and supporting me through it all. Thank you for helping me set goals like this and helping me see them through. Love you always.



Love,

The Wise's. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment