Soppy Post-Semester Post.

I took my last final last night.
Before I did, I called Samuel.
(Mainly to tell him that I was planning a victory night for myself 
that involved at least one donut and cherry limeade and snuggles with him.) 
After our short conversation and I love you's, I got back to my last few minutes of studying. 
All I could think about was how lucky I am for a husband like mine!

When I called him, he was washing the dishes and making enchiladas for dinner, and told me we would just spend the evening together and snuggle and watch movies (and we ended up watching Princess Diaries. No complaints at all.)

I hit the jackpot with this one.

I never have to ask him to do anything.
I never have to make 'honey do' lists because he just does it.
He cooks and cleans. (like everyday. like it's not a big deal.)
He prefers reading to watching TV.
He watches chick-flicks with me (and never makes me sit through the shows he likes that he knows I hate.)
He makes me laugh every day.
He compliments me every day.
He helps me realize my strengths.
He knows what it means to work hard. 
He makes me want to be better, yet he loves me just the way I am.
My happiness is his priority.
He always has his eye on the future and what he has to do 
to make sure everything works out.
& soooo many more things.

Yep.
I think I married Superman.

I'm just so glad I have had him by my side throughout college.
I'm pretty sure I would have died from school-induced causes a long time ago without his good influence, and his help and support.

So, to all those who think that getting married sets you back, you are wrong.
If you find the right one, he will help you get exactly where you want to go.
Yes, compromises have to made sometimes, but you will both be happy to make them for each other because now the other person's happiness is more important than your own.


So, thank you to my wonderful husband for being just so WONDERFUL.

& thank you, Spring Semester 2013, for being over at last.

Only 1 and a half to go! 

(p.s. expect a similar post around April 11, 2014, when I graduate.)



1 comment:

  1. Alice, this is so sweet!! I am so glad we both found good Wise boys--I feel very lucky too! Can't wait to see you and spend time with you in Washington! Congrats on finishing another semester--so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete