Birthday Princess.

So May 20th was a pretty monumental day for us.
Well, mainly for me.
Because I turned 21! Yeah baby!
We kicked off the birthday celebrations on the 19th, because the 20th was on a Sunday, and well... activities on Sundays are kind of limited. Not that Sundays are bad, but you all know what I mean.
ANYWAY.

I woke up to a yummy breakfast in bed cooked by the lovely Samuel.
Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes. All the yummy stuff.


Our first adventure was a canoeing trip on the Snake River!
We began at Beaver Dick and finished at the foot of the small butte next to R Mountain.
At first, it was a little chilly, but the sun came out and warmed us up.
I'd love to say the wind subsided too, but ya know, it's Rexburg.






It took us a fair few hours to canoe - half the time we were against the current, most of the time we were against the wind and so it made for some intense paddling. Good job we so buff. ;)
It was a pretty beautiful journey though. 
One of the highlights was that we saw TWO BALD EAGLES!
So. Awesome.
They seriously are so gangster.


Towards the latter part of the journey, there were some amazing cliffs and the water turned this gorgeous shade of blue... the sun was shining, the wind had calmed for a bit and the current was working with us... it was so beautiful. The whole ride was beautiful. Just me and my man chillin' on the river. We talked and laughed and just had fun. It was awesome.

After our crazy trip down the river, we stopped for a much-deserved lunch at Pizza Pie Cafe with our buddies, Jon & Stephanie Martin!

Lookin' fresh.

My next surprise was a trip to Walmart... to buy a BIKE!
Okay. The last time I had a bike of my very own, I'm pretty sure was when I was like 5. 
& we have one bike between us, so we'd kind of share it as we walk to and from school. Kind of lame.
So I was pretty excited.
So I picked my bike, we bought it and headed out to the car.
I guess Samuel hadn't thought about getting it home from Walmart, because we only have a tiny little Ford Focus. So we had a little struggle. But then! 
This random guy comes out of nowhere, baby on hip, sees our struggle and tells us he just needs to run in and buy some diapers but would be happy to fit the bike in his larger car and follow us home.
Like an angel from heaven!
We decided we definitely needed to document this birthday miracle.
So here I am with the good samaritan, Jacob. I hope we see him around again, so we can repay the favor!
*Excuse my gremlin-like facial expression. Half of my excuse is that is kind of what I look like and half of it is that the sun was beaming right into my face. Not a great combo.


After the bike surprise, we hit the showers and headed out to our next adventure.
Total relaxation in the majesty of hot-tubbing! 
It was seriously so nice to get my aching muscles in that hot tub.
Beautiful.
We have a picture, but here's the thing. I don't look good wet... to any extent. So I am totally okay with not officially documenting that event.

We finished the night but hopping to I.F. to do a spot of shopping, eating and then came home to shleep. :)

May 20th was spent Skyping with the Dominey fam, going to church and enjoying a wonderful garden party with the Martin's. We ate too much, played games and watched The Woman in Black.
Freakiest movie ever? Yep. Did Samuel crack Harry Potter jokes the whole time? Yep.
All in all, birthday SUCCESS.

Guess what?! Less than 365 days til I'm 22! :)

Love, Ally.

4 comments:

  1. We're both jealous and happy at that same time that you had a wonderful birthday. You have a way with words. Your descriptions were exciting to read. Love you and see you soon,
    Ma & Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Alice! You have an incredible hubby. Happy late birthday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your Blog. Glad you had a great day out. Pictures are great. Lots of love,
    Aunty Theresa, Uncle Eric and Emily xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you can't say moving to the USA was a dull move! What a Birhtday...we hate missing them but so happy you have such a wonderful husband who makes it so fun x

    ReplyDelete